Professor, Doctor of Agricultural Sciences
Department of Selection and Seed Breeding in Voronezh State Agricultural University
Date of birth: February 7, 1960 in the industrial community Talovaya, the Voronezh Region.
Education and scientific work:
1982 graduated from Voronezh Agricultural Institute.
1982 – 1983 Sergey served in the ranks in Moscow air defense district.
1984 – 1990 worked as a junior research assistant in the laboratory of triticale selection in Agricultural Research Institute of the Central Black Earth Region. 1986 – 1990 pursued postgraduate studies.
1990 was a lecturer of the Selection and Seed Breeding Faculty in Voronezh State University.
1991 defended Candidate’s dissertation.
1999 – PhD thesis with a qualification: selection and seed breeding.
2000 Sergey became a professor of the selection and seed breeding faculty in Voronezh State Agricultural University; a coauthor of 10 inventions, including 7 varieties of the field crops and 4 monographs.
Sergey combined scientific and educational work with production activity:
1988-1990 – Translator of the Abstract Journal «Genetics and selection of cultivated plants»;
1993-1995 – Free-lance correspondent of the agricultural newspapers;
1996-1997 – Consultant of the Russian-Swiss Supporting Fund of Agriculture and Entrepreneurship;
1998-2000 – Expert of the agricultural project TACIS
2000-2002 – Head of the agricultural section of «Extension Centre» in Voronezh State Agricultural University;
2002-2004 – Chief Agriculturist of the Holding company
«Agroshleboproduct – Voronezh»
2004-2007 – Representative of the company Saaten-Union GmbH in the RF
2008-2011 – CEO of JSC «Saaten-Union Rus»
Present time – Portfolio-Manager of cereal crops in JSC «Syngenta»
Malting barley publication
1. Fedotov V.A., Goncharov S.V., Rubtsov A.N. – Malting barley in the Central Black Earth Region
2. Goncharov S.V. – Malting barley in the RF
3. Goncharov S.V – To get and to keep malting barley
4. Goncharov S.V – Do we have enough barley for beer in 2005?
5. Fedotov V.A., Goncharov S.V., Rubtsov A.N. – Russian malting barley
6. Goncharov S.V. – Malting barley is planning to be grown on a by-order basis
7. Goncharov S.V. – Trends in malting barley market
8. Goncharov S.V. – Malting barley shall be grown on a by-order basis
9. Goncharov S.V. – Is malting barley export expected or not? Agrobiological foundations for increasing field crop yield and quality of products in the Central Black Earth Region.
10. Goncharov S.V. – Agricultural projects on organizing malting barley in Russia
11. Goncharov S. – Russian and Ukraine malting barley markets
12. Goncharov S. – Russian and Ukraine malting barley markets (conclusion)
13. Goncharov S.V., Mordovin A.N. Development of spring barley varieties in the domestic market
14. Goncharov S.V. – European winter barley market