Hop. Russian hop. And these are not mere words for Barley, Malt, Hops and Beer Union. We act and fight for the renewal of hop production that is impossible without the Government support.
In his address No 1 dd. 10.04.2010 to the Ministry of Agriculture, A. Mordovin underlined the necessity of the renewal of the Russian hop production:
The key purpose of the Union creation is consolidation of actions of the agricultural producers, focused on increasing of malting barley production in Russia, including export; renewal of hop industry and strengthening of positions of barley and malt producers and also small and medium brewing business.
According to the Protocol of the joint meeting of representatives of our Union and Russian Brewers’ Union led by the Minister of Agriculture of the RF No ЕС-19/225 dd. December 6, 2011 all Unions were entrusted with a task to study this question, but all know that “Barley-Hop friendship” went sour (refer to http://barley-malt.ru/?p=17778&lang=en) and the topic of the hop renewal became the key aim of one of the Unions – Barley, Malt, Hops and Beer Union.
- to the Plant and Food Industry Departments, together with representatives of Barley, Malt, Hops and Beer Union and Russian Brewers’ Union and interested agricultural authorities – to study a question concerning the necessity of the developing of the program for production of quality brewing raw materials in the RF, taking into account agricultural risks.
How many kilometers we came, how many “doorsteps” of the Ministries and departments were camped on, how many letters were sent, how many meeting were held, but the road should be gone by a goer. We addressed to the President, the Chairman of the Government, the State Duma and the Federation Council with a request:
- to study the renewal of the Russian hop production, destroyed by transnational companies. So, it will lead to incoming of at least 5 billion rubles to the agricultural complex and will provide the field of actions for 300 farms in all hop producing countries.
The key political event, that gave an impulse to the process was the Government Order No АХ-П11-31пр dd. 20.05. 2015 of the Chairman of the Commission for Improvement of Competitiveness and Alcohol Market Regulation, the Deputy Chairman of the Government A.G, Khloponin.
Taking into account a high social and economic effect of the hop renewal in the Republic of Chuvashia – earlier, the largest hop production region with 4.500 ha of the hop yard, taking into account support of the Advisor of the President Fedorov N.V. and the Assistant Chairman of the Government Onishchenko G.G., the Ministry of Agriculture of the RF and the Federal Service for Alcohol Market Regulation – you are entrusted with a task to study the hop renewal.
So, it will lead to incoming of at least 5 billion rubles to the agricultural complex of the RF and the Republic of Chuvashia and will provide the field of actions for 300 farms in all hop producing countries.
Instructions to the Government of the RF:
- to the Minister of Agriculture of the RF (A.N. Tkachev), the Ministry for Economic Development (A.V. Ulykaev), the Minister of Finance (A.G. Siluanov), the Alcohol Market Regulation (I.P. Chuyan) to study a question concerning the state support for the development of malting barley and hop production in the RF.
According to the mentioned instructions, the Ministry of Agriculture has studied this question and decided to increase subsiding rates for establishing and handling of the hop yard:
– reimbursement of expenses for hop yard establishing – 80% of expenses but no more than 53.940 rub. per 1 ha, that is in two and a half times more than in 2014 (21.000 rub.);
– reimbursement of expenses for hop yard handling till the beginning of its fruiting – 80% of expenses but no more than 20.764 rub. per 1 ha, that is more by nine times than in 2014 (2.300 rub.);
Moreover, according to the letter of the Ministry of Finance No 19-04-03/32168 dd. 02.06.2015, Barley, Malt, Hops and Beer Union provided necessary calculations, grounds and estimates of social and economic, financial and other aftermath of the state support necessary for allocating of funds.
Also we sent a letter to the Ministry of Finance in 2015 with a request to study the possibility:
– to delegate a part of powers, concerning regulation of brewing products made of the Russian raw materials to the Ministry of Agriculture like wine production, reserving the control function for brewing products circulation to the Federal Service for Alcohol Market Regulation.
We pointed out common positions, mentioned in the Cooperation Agreement between Barley, Malt, Hops and Beer Union and Wine Makers and Viticulturists’ Union as grounds:
– there is a strong correlation of production chains “barley – beer” and “grape – wine” with agriculture and also common technological processing characteristics: brewing and wine productions – low alcohol fermenting products made as a result of production and technological manufacturing processes of Russian raw materials: grape, hop and brewers’ malt.
We believe that legislative regulation of brewing and wine industries has much in common and playing a role of a regulator of the brewing industry by the Ministry of Agriculture is quite reasonable.