Dear colleagues and members of the Union!
On behalf of the Union «Barley, Malt, Hops & Beer in Russia» and on my own behalf I wish you all the best wishes for the festive season – Happy New Year 2015 and Merry Christmas.
The outgoing year was marked by firework of various bright events that have already influenced and will continue to have impact on the activity of the production chain “malting barley – beer”. Among them are:
– drop in the exchange rate of the national currency was shocking for brewing companies that historically purchased raw materials and equipment abroad but a positive moment is arousing of interest to Russian products: to malting barley, malt, hops and equipment and in future it that will negatively influenced on import raw material volumes, moreover, chances for renewal of hop production will be greatly strengthened;
– resumption of activities of the Government Commission for Improving of Competitiveness and Regulation of the Alcohol Market will give an opportunity to the State to interfere in companies’ activity and resolve problems collected for the previous two years. These actions have been demonstrated within the first meeting of the Commission dd. December 3, 2014;
It is gratifying to emphasize that last year, our colleagues from the Russian Brewers’ Union were conscious of the need to deepen the relationships with all participants of the production chain and with all beer producers and they show a new style of business dealing based on the rational approach. Startup “Association of the Participants of Beer-Beverage Market” managed to unite mutually exclusive opinions of brewers, concerning legislative regulation of beer production and circulation. It became a real effective organization making a reasonable dialogue with public bodies and a safe haven of “three hundred thousands” for Beer Producers’ Union.
At the end of January 2015 we’ll inform you about an important, significant event in our life for the last 25 years – may be it will give impulse to amalgamation of interests of all market participants, including professional Unions, taking into account spheres of duties and division of responsibilities.
The most significant events in 2015 will be:
– approval of the Technical Regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union “Protection of alcohol products”;
– accreditation of the Russian Federation as a grain supplier to PRC;
– possible limitation for use of 1,5 l. PET containers followed by excise tax reducing (1 l. and less than 4,5% – a discount 25%, from 1 l. and more than 4,5% – a standard excise rate);
– possible introduction of beer production licensing and the system of USAIS;
– closing of some brewing companies responsible for supporting of “uncounted goods” market and beer production without paying of excise taxes;
– possible granting of the status of “agricultural producer” for Russian malt and brewing companies.
New Year will come soon. Many changes are waiting for us but if we are moving, we are keeping alive. Things work out for the best.
We’d like to invite you to take part in our Union’s events in 2015: VII International Conference “Barley, Malt, Hops & Beer in Russia” (www.barley-malt-conference.ru) and V Field Day ““Barley, Malt, Hops & Beer in Russia” (www.barley-malt-fieldday.ru).
We’d like to wish you and your family comfort, peace and confidence in the future.
the President of the Union